Central America 2005

A blog of my Central America experience. Get my RSS feed using awasu or bloglines. You can also register to the google group to get an e-mail for each publication. A syndication of the photos only is also available.

Friday, April 29, 2005

Mexico City

Hola,
Just found a place (hostel moneda), packed with tourists from all over (except for Israelis), with things going on every evening and lots of fun. Mexico DF is amazing, of course, and not as dangerous as I thought. Of course, there are streets where you have a 99% chance to get robbed in them at night, but people know where is safe and where is not so it's not really a problem. In the morning I wake up to the sound of the 'rochlim' on the street just below me screaming something like 'chekereke chekere' (Nadav, stop smiling), and they go on like that until it gets dark. Funny people.
In Ofer's house (a place that the Jewish community here offer for the Israeli backpacker), I got a lecture about the Haredim being the only Jews that are able to conserve Judaism. But despite their offer to join the local workforce (legally, as a Jewish trader), this place is really nice. They offer a nice place, things to think about and a worm feeling. Even though, I'll pass for now...
Next week I'll start sailing to Yucatan,

And now - some photos:
This is the new me you'll have to get used to (I know, something has changed... But can you tell what it is??? It took me 3 days to find out :)


They have really fast internet here...


Some Mexicans recreate an ancient indigenous ritual (The guy up there plays a flute, and the rest just spin around getting closer and closer to the ground... If anyone have an idea where I can store the movie - tell me about it):


This one is back from Chicago. Apparently they have built a pizza tower small brother. The scale is about 2:3.


You can find all kinds of people peeping in the holes of this box. This turns the whole scene into quite a funny exhibition. Try to imagine a fat woman crawl to peek at those holes beneath the shelf, or a serious businessman jump to a hole he can not reach (the Mexican are quite short. I feel like I'm above the average here)


This kind of p-touch appear beneath some of the holes. A free translation: "Paradise: After the expulsion from paradise"


And when you peek in this one, you can see this miniature sculpture:


You can also find this photo in one of the holes:

And the whole thing just make weird sounds... Real fun.

Some kids play in a fountain in the neighborhood where Diego Rivera and Frida Khalo lived:


And, I'm sure there were a couple of more pictures, but I just can't find them now... So till the next blog...

(And, I have just read this and this interesting articles, so allow me to share...)


Cheers,
Eitan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home