Central America 2005

A blog of my Central America experience. Get my RSS feed using awasu or bloglines. You can also register to the google group to get an e-mail for each publication. A syndication of the photos only is also available.

Monday, May 02, 2005

Getting outa here...

I woke up this morning with 9 rings of the bell, from a church just a block from here. It was 8:51 in the morning (¿!). Right after them came another 8 rings. Then another one. Then 10 fast ones. Well, what can you expect from a church that looks like the pizza tower? (Aparently the whole city center sinks back from the times of the Aztec). Well. That was for waking up.
Everything in Hostel Moneda went on tranquill. The people outside went on yelling 'chekere', people came and went even faster than girls in the army, and the flag in the zocalo kept stuck on its torn (in contradict to what people got used to around here). This was until this morning a group of three Israeli girls arrived. Currently the only Israelis in this place except for me. Just as I saw how they were talking, brought me a bit closer to my dying in young age from a heart attack. It was as if a war is going on, we have to conquere street Haifa in Baghdad, and the cheapest room must be conquered with no mercy. You'd expect that after 6 months in south america they'd know that the clerks don't speak fluent Hebrew. They tried anyway. So, after yelling and shouting they finally got their room just as everybody else, and left us all back to the tranquility. Thank god I leave this place tonight for Oaxaca... It's amazing how much stress Israelis bring about.
Well... I have some more pictures I'll try to u/l next time I'll find a capable Internet.
I hope the night bus will be OK.
Bye for now...

Eitan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home