Central America 2005

A blog of my Central America experience. Get my RSS feed using awasu or bloglines. You can also register to the google group to get an e-mail for each publication. A syndication of the photos only is also available.

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Another startup

I am totally jazzed about this podcasting thing. (google for it if you don't know what it is...). Yesterday it has just got me through a 6 hour bus ride in a breeze. And I am hearing so much interesting stuff on these rides, that I can hardly wait for my next bus I'll catch :) Got to hear news from Israel, an audio story, some science news, a bit of Jazz, and Adam Curry (A former Dutch MTV VJ that brought life into this podcasting idea) which is quite entertaining... And, it solves the basic problem of traditional broadcasting - you don't have to turn to any common denominator anymore. People download these casts because they are really interested in what the podcaster has to say.
Which, led me to the simple idea of PodGuides. I am sure that in less than a year PodGuides will start to spring up... (If not, I'll have to make some money on this thing when I return :) The idea is that you'll d/l an audio guide to this site you are going to visit: A file for each important location. And tada - you have the best explanations, with music incorporated in it, maybe original historic audio clips, in different languages, financed by advertisers (the production of these PodGuides should be quite cheap), portable with you wherever you go.
I guess you should hear some PodCasts and go visit a couple of Mexican ruins to understand the full potential of this thing :)

I'm having a great time as usual...
Now in Palenque with an Australian and Dutch guys - Pieter and Steph,
Bye for now,
Eitan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home