Central America 2005

A blog of my Central America experience. Get my RSS feed using awasu or bloglines. You can also register to the google group to get an e-mail for each publication. A syndication of the photos only is also available.

Saturday, July 02, 2005

Honduras traveling

Hola todos,
Yesterday turned to be a productive day despite what I thought it would be. Even though Guatemala celebrated an army fiesta, and a banker's firsta (2 days in a row), I managed to change some money - and catch a bus to the Hondurasian border. Each time I told a driver I want to get to Honduras today, I saw him step on the gas (It was a bus and 2 minibuses to get there). The last taxi I took to the border itself reached 140kmph, changed money for me with someone he knew in there (surprisingly for quite a good rate), helped with the immigration paperwork and landed me 8 minutes before the last bus to Honduras' reasonable cities left the station. 2 kids in a taxi cab took me to a cheap hotel in a medium city in Honduras, which turned out to be one where you pay by the hour. But the owner was nice, and I got to brush my spanish for 2 hours before going to sleep.
Today I'll probably get to Utila - the diving island, and I hope to start a diving course Monday. We'll see.
I'll write again about the Xela hikes later...

Bye for now,
Eitan.

2 Comments:

At 11:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi eitan!
call me please
gidon

 
At 1:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Eitan
Do you get my emails?
If not, how can I write you?
Oren

 

Post a Comment

<< Home