Central America 2005

A blog of my Central America experience. Get my RSS feed using awasu or bloglines. You can also register to the google group to get an e-mail for each publication. A syndication of the photos only is also available.

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

PADI course in Honduras

For those of you who didn't know, my record of holding my breath underwater is for 2 mins and 43 seconds in the Technion pool. (You can try this... It's really, really, really hard). Seemed quite cool at the time, until a diver came to me and told me I was nearly killing myself. Oops. Now I know that I hyperventilated to a point where the need to breath reduces dramatically. In this situation I could loose consciousness without the need to breath, and... hmmm... Well... Good nothing bad happened. Anyway, I thought this skill would help me in someway in my divings, but since I started this course, all I hear all the time is the rule #1 of diving: 'never hold your breath'. Merd.
Anyway, it is lots of fun. Today I start a Nitrox course, which will allow me to stay more time underwater. This is done using air enriched with 30 something percentages of Oxygen instead of the usual 21%. Somehow they have managed to write tons of material about technical stuff in a really interesting way. It seems that the american PADI staff did a better job than most of the computer technical writers I read in the last couple of years. Their learning system which repeats the important stuff 3 times - once reading it, once watching a video, and once with the instructor - really works.



Well, that's it for now...
From the beautiful beaches of Utila,
Adios,
Eitan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home