Central America 2005

A blog of my Central America experience. Get my RSS feed using awasu or bloglines. You can also register to the google group to get an e-mail for each publication. A syndication of the photos only is also available.

Monday, July 18, 2005

2nd class

Took a bus today from Copan (Almost westest part of Honduras), trying to get to Nicaragua (on the east). Only got to Tegucigalpa (7 hours), but what a bus... It started with the price of 21$. These are the prices of flights here. Anyway, it was quite funny that paying for the bus I had to show my passport. Whatever. When I gave the guy my mochila, he put on it a tag with my name and phone number. Just before getting on the bus they checked again my passport and bus ticket. Passed me through a metal detector (they must have forgotten the X rays just this time). Counted that everybody was in, and began the trip. The short video asked us to put on our seatbelts while sitted, our captain greeted us, and a guy with a tie started passing between the chairs giving blankets to whoever wanted. The movie started and we all went to sleep. When I woke up, I noticed this bus has also a first class part with wider chairs (only 3 instead of 4 in a row), and that the cabin of the driver is separated with a door from the rest of us. The dayal started to pass again giving us snacks and a drinks, and we arrived to San Pedro Sula (half way) just on the minute. Changed flights (busses) had to go through immigrations again, of course (I mean, security checks... right), and got on another bus, just the same. Another movie (The same as I saw on my flight actually, the lost treasure or something with Nicolas Cage. This time I understood it through reading the spanish subtitles) and we landed in Tegucigalpa again just in time. A Taxi driver took me straight to Nan Kin Hotel (great chinese food!), and I managed to get Denzel Washington in the 19:00 show on the cinema near by. Enternaining movie. Certainly not of his best ones...

That's it for today,
Tomorrow Nicaragua probably,
Tegucigalpa is OK, better than how I imagined it, although what everybody said,
Adios,
Eitan.

2 Comments:

At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wait, so this was a bus, right? not a plane? what's going on?

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger Eitan said...

It was a bus.
They tried really hard to make it feel like a flight. Did all the ceremonies they could :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home